Saturday, 13 December 2014

Green songs and poetry: My special parody of '12 Days of Christmas'

Readers, in the past I have often parodied the traditional Christmas tune '12 Days of Christmas' , particularly with a reference to news stories of the year. Here is my 2014 edition:

On the first day of Christmas,                     On the seventh day of Christmas,
This was revealed to me,                             This was revealed to me,
Blatant bias from the BBC.                          Seven spurious sanctions,
                                                                       Six rants from Boris etc.....
On the second day of Christmas,               And blatant bias from the BBC.
This was revealed to me,                       
Two crooked kippers,                                On the eighth day of Christmas,
And blatant bias from the BBC.                This was revealed to me,
                                                                     Eight gaffes from Miliband,
On the third day of Christmas,                 Seven spurious sanctions etc...
This was revealed to me,                          And blatant bias from the BBC.
Three Green surges,
Two crooked kippers,                              On the ninth day of Christmas,
And blatant bias from the BBC.             This was revealed to me,
                                                                  Nine shades of classism,
On the fourth day of Christmas,            Eight gaffes from Miliband etc....
This was revealed to me,                       And blatant bias from the BBC.     

Four financial screwings,
Three Green surges,                              On the tenth day of Christmas,
Two crooked kippers,                           This was revealed to me,
And blatant bias from the BBC.          Ten crippling cutbacks,
                                                                Nine shades of classism etc...
On the fifth day of Christmas,             And blatant bias from the BBC.
This was revealed to me,
Five tax avoiders!                               On the eleventh day of Christmas,
Four financial screwings,                  This was revealed to me,
Three Green surges,                           Eleven rotten boroughs,
Two crooked kippers,                        Ten crippling cutbacks etc....
And blatant bias from the BBC.         And blatant bias from the BBC.

On the sixth day of Christmas,         On the twelfth day of Christmas,
This was revealed to me,                  This was revealed to me,
Six rants from Boris,                         Twelve famous farewells,
Five tax avoiders etc.....                     Eleven rotten boroughs etc....
And blatant bias from the BBC.        And blatant bias from the BBC.

Regards, Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment